We are so proud of Caroline! Who not only did the Bridal bootcamp, but really develop some life goals! "It was a great honor to be part of Carolines' team and to see her really change. Thank you for workout are. Read her testimony and her answers to questions I love asking my all my clients who hit their goals." Adriana
Sorry this has taken me so long. Below is my testimonial, and also answers to the questions.
In early October 2018, I finally picked a venue for my wedding. I've always struggled with weight and have lost weight in the past, only to put it back on quickly. Since moving to Seattle in 2016, I had not been feeling my best and I knew I needed to get back to the gym for my own health. I found Fuerte Fitness through a Google search and after thinking about it for a month, I reached out. Adriana responded quickly and we started with 5 sessions. The first few sessions were geared toward building my core and increasing my flexibility to prevent injury. Slowly we started getting into more and more difficult movements and I decided to sign-up for her Bridal Boot Camp. My initial goals were to lose 20-30 lbs and to tone my upper body. However, as time went on I changed my goals to being able to run a mile and do a pull-up. Adriana helped me develop a sustainable workout schedule and meal plan. I was challenged not to get discouraged by the amount of time it took me to reach my initial goals. 2 months into first training with Adriana, I had an appendectomy, which set me back by 2 months and caused me to lose a substantial amount of muscle mass. I remember feeling so frustrated, but Adriana helped me get back on track. My biggest successes included losing the 32lbs, building muscle mass and tone, being able to do an assisted pull-up, and developing a love of running. As I continue my journey, I keep reminding myself that I want this to be the last time I lose weight. I keep reminding myself of the great feeling I have after each workout and that the number on the scale isn't everything.
Answers to Questions: (Answers included in testimonial above)
1. Why or what got you seek out help from a personal trainer and what did you seek to accomplish, what were your goals.
I had started planning my wedding and I knew I needed to get toned for the big day. Over the past 2.5 years I had gained a significant amount of weight and hadn't been working out. I missed the feeling of being strong or having accomplished a really tough workout. My initial goals were to lose 20-30 lbs and get my upper body toned. However, as time went on my goals changed. I wanted to do be able to do a pull up and run a mile.
2. How often did you try to do this on your own and why would you gave weight again or go back to old ways;)
I have been struggling with weight loss for my entire life. I've never been one to be naturally skinny. On multiple occasions I've lost weight, often through drastic dieting. I've never been able to sustain the weight loss because it was hard to develop healthy habits. I've also struggled to set up boundaries to prioritize exercise and reduce stress.
3. What were your success and challenges this time around.
My challenges this time around was not to get discouraged by the amount of time it took me to reach my goals. I had an appendectomy 8 months before my wedding, which put me out of commission for 2 months and caused me to lose muscle mass. I remember feeling so frustrated, but Adriana helped me get back on track.
My successes were developing a love for running, losing enough fat to drop 4 pant sizes, being able to do a pull up, and feeling more confident.
4. What is a piece of advise you are giving yourself to continue your health and fitness journey and to other from your personal experience
Don't got back to old habits. I want this time to be the last time I have to fight to get healthy. The weight on the scale isn't everything. When I first started this, I thought my goal was to reach a certain number on the scale. However, as time progressed I realized that my goal should be more about muscle mass, BMI, and how strong I felt.
It's a video on how to make a yummy cherrie citrus using spinach and coconut water!
Serves: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 mins (instapot 10 min)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
1. Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil.
2. Add the diced onion, minced garlic and oregano, stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the sausage and brown it for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you get a nice golden brown color on the outside.
4. Add two cups of chicken broth to deglaze the pot, stir well and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot, to get any sausage pieces that stuck to it.
5. Add the diced potatoes and pour in the remaining 4 cups of broth, stir to combine.
6. Check to make sure the contents don't go over the Max Fill line marked on the inner liner.
7. Cancel Sauté mode, close the lid, set the steam release knob to Sealing and set to Manual (or Pressure Cook), and choose 5 minutes High Pressure or select Soup mode, click on adjust and select High (for High Pressure) and adjust the time to 5 minutes. It may can take several minutes for the IP to come to pressure as it contains a lot of liquid.
8. After cooking cycle ends, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release, after that manually release the rest of the steam.
9. Once all the steam has been released, open the lid, and add in the kale, stir well. Cover and let heat through for 2-3 minutes to soften the kale. If you want the kale more cooked, select Sauté before covering the pot for 2 minutes.
10. Stir in the milk, taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
Old recipe and new after
Calories: 490 or 194
Carbohydrates: 31 or 24.6
Protein: 18 or 7 (I used 3 of the paleo basil chicken sausage but you can use more
Fat: 32 Saturated Fat: 11 or 6
referenced : https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/instant-pot-zuppa-toscana/
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.