Adriana Medina, Owner & Founder
Fitness Expert, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
Motivating. Educating. Empowering.
Adriana believes that personal fitness isn't just something you do in the morning, during lunch, or on your way home from work; it's a way of life. Her own personal journey proves that anyone can embrace fitness at any age and discover a passion that can change their lives and the lives of those around them.
As a fitness industry veteran and owner of Fuerte Fitness, which she founded in Wallingford in 2008, Adriana’s inspiring demeanor and vast knowledge of exercise theory and technique allows her to make exercise programs accessible to almost anyone regardless of their fitness level or their environment. By taking genuine interest in her personal training clients and Fuerte Fitness members, she places a premium on motivating individuals to make health a priority in their lives.
As a result, her contributions have a ripple effect; benefit countless families, and the community as a whole. Her personal approach which she carries forward through Fuerte Fitness is centered around helping individuals reinvigorate or discover their love of health and fitness through personal training, classes, nutritional guidance, and community outreach. What’s more, she also offers cooking classes, hiking, sporting events, and special workshops as well.
Under Adriana’s enthusiastic leadership, her gym has received the following accolades:
- Colors Northwest for Diversity & Business, Featured Business 2007
- Evening Magazine, Best New Business 2009
- Wallingford Chamber of Commerce President Awards 2009 and 2010
- Most Awesome Mom's Fitness Program nominee 2011
- Best Minority Owned Business nominee 2011
Adriana holds a B.A. in International Business from Boise State University. She is certified by the International Sports and Science Association (ISSA) and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Her unique experience within the health and fitness field includes fat loss, muscle gain, weight loss, functional health for pre- and post-natal, and sports-specific athletic training.
In addition to being a successful small business owner and community volunteer, Adriana is also an active, award-winning fitness competitor, which allows her to serve as a genuine example and inspiration to many. Her most notable accomplishments include:
- 2013 4th in Masters and 6th in Open at IFBB Pittsburgn Nationals, PA
- 2013 6th at NPC USA National Figure Competition, NV
- 2013 2nd Place NPC Emerald Cup Figure Competition, WA
- 2012 10th Place NPC USA National Figure Competition, NV
- 2012 3rd Place NPC Emerald Cup Fitness Competition, WA
- 2011 Winner at NPC Oregon Ironman Fitness Competition, OR
- 2011 1st Place NPC Oregon Ironman Figure Competition, OR
- 2011 3rd Place NPC Emerald Cup Fitness, WA
- 2010 & 2011 Seattle to Portland (STP) Fuete Team
- 2010 & 2011 Ragnar Relay Fuerte Team
- 2010 3rd Place NPC Contra Costa, CA
- 2010 5th Place at NPC Emerald Cup, WA
- 2009 Winner at the NPC Vancouver Classic Fitness Competition, WA
- 2008 1st Place overall figure/short at Night of the Champion, WA
- 2007 3rd Place NPC Gold's Treasure Valley Classic
- 2006 Pacific Crest Olympic Triathlon
- 2006 Emerald Cup Bodybuilding Competition, WA
- 2005 Elma Duathlon winner
- 2004 1st Place NPC Washington Ironman Novice Overall Bodybuilding, WA
- 2004 2nd Place NPC Washington Ironman, Figure Seattle, WA
- 2003 3rd IFBB Pro Grand San Francisco Prix, CA
As an aspiring educational speaker and consultant, Adriana seeks to deliver insightful and inspiring presentations on various topics such as Exercise Strategies, Motivation/Goal Setting, Performance Enhancement/Injury Prevention and Stress Reduction. Through her continuous education and vast knowledge of the latest research in the field of exercise theory and exercise science, she is an expert on the connection between the spiritual mind, body and performance, “performance” from a sport perspective as well as an individual’s success in the unpredictable game of life.