Foods that burn belly fat
Looking healthy and attractive is the need of the hour to day. No one can afford to look fat and no one wants to. There are so many ways of losing the extra weight that you have on like, exercising and dieting but, there are certain foods that we ignore, that can greatly help with weight loss.
Yep, you read that right. Certain foods have a high thermogenic effect and can help you burn calories and instead of put them on. Here's a list of foods that can help you burn that embarrassing belly fat:
- Whole grains: Foods rich in fiber such as whole grains help you burn fat because they require lots of energy to be broken down by the body. Fiber also helps in cleaning out your digestive system making sure your digestive tract is clean and functioning well.
- Cucumber: This is one of the most effective fat burning foods. Cucumbers contain 96% water and help flush harmful toxins out of your body. They have a very low calorie count and thus, keep you full for longer minus the extra fats so body doesn't accumulate any.
- Green tea: Known for its many medicinal properties, green tea also helps to burn that unwanted fat. It contains a compound EGCG, that speeds up the rate of metabolism in your body thereby, helping you burn fat.
- Lentils: Rich in iron, lentils tend to help us make up for iron deficiencies in the body. This helps because many people have iron deficiency. Lack of any nutrient in the body leads to slower metabolism, thereby, reducing your chances of burning that extra fat. Lentils make up for the lack of iron, helping the body to function normally.
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne contains capsaicin, which is what makes it spicy. Peppers heat up your body and therefore, make you lose calories. It also stimulates the digestive tract and promotes the production of more enzymes and gastric juices.
- Berries: Rich in anti oxidants and low on calories, berries are your best and tastiest fat burning foods. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries... Include them in your breakfast or blend them in with some yogurt and you're set to get that fat out of the way.
- Watermelon: Another fruit that really aids fat burning because it contains 84% water and just the right amount of sugar to keep you going throughout the day but minus the annoying, extra fats.
- Peanut butter: Definitely the best comfort food ever, which by the way, can help you burn fat. Eat only about two tablespoons a day and it can be very waist friendly. Exceed that amount though, and you might have a problem. Peanut butter does contain fats so the quantity matters!
- Dairy products: Foods rich in calcium like milk, yogurt, cheese can help reduce fat build up. Your best bet is yogurt. You can mix berries or oats for breakfast.
- Avocados: They contain mono-saturated fats and fiber, great for burning harmful fats. They are great to taste, and help to improve your skin too.
Including these foods in your daily diet can help you keep off unwanted calories and fat. Belly fat isn't attractive and getting rid of it can be quite hard of you are relying only on exercise. A mix of these healthy, fat burning foods and your daily exercise routine will help you get your toned tummy back faster. You'll never have to worry about having bland food to keep your body fit, ever again.
Madhavi Dandu is a senior editor at UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. Given how uninformed people were about personal health, fitness, she saw the need to educate average joe and jane about healthy living through her writing.