Focus on Core and Abs
Muscle imbalances are so common in my industry that that its become a common practice to emphasize flexibility and core and glute strength. It is important to focus on this weekly, especially if you you have a desk job.
Here are 5 exercises and 2 stretches to get you started. You do not need any equipment... so like I always say- no excuses!
1. Plank: Hold this position for 30 seconds, 1 minute, or as long as you can.
2. Kneeling T-spine twist: It’s a stretch and a core exercise as well. Try to touch your ankle with your elbow by bringing hip towards the floor and returning torso over knee and heel.
3. Seated twists: Sit up straight and bring one arm across to the outside of the opposite knee while keeping both hips pressed into the floor. Bring your other arm to the back for support. Switch sides.
4. Plank knee to elbow: Starting in plank position, bring right knee to the right elbow, while keeping hips square to the floor. Return to plank and alternate sides.
5. Bridges: For a basic bridge, lie on your back and bend your knees. Raise and lower your hips, holding at the top, while feet and shoulders press firmly into the floor. There are many ways to do a bridge. Check out this video on my YouTube Channel for 9 other bridge ideas.
6. Hip stretch: Lie on your back, knees bent and raised over your hips. Bring one leg across the opposite knee and grab the back of your thigh, as shown, pulling the leg closer to your chest. Switch sides.
7. Side lying leg raises: Position yourself on one side, weight on the side of your butt (not your hip- or your legs won't go as high), and head supported by your hand. Lift and lower both legs; don't forget to do both sides. There are many ways to do leg raises. Check out this video on my YouTube Channel for 11 other leg raise ideas.
If you want to work out with me in real time, check out this video. It's only 8 minutes long- and you will strengthen your core!
Leave a Reply.
Brought to You by Adriana
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.