I was inspired by my friends who live on a boat to make our own spouts! They were right, it was a fun project to do with kids! They were fun and easy to make! I ordered the seeds on Amazon. I got the sprouting lids on Amazon, too.
Here's how to do it-
Day one: Measure 2 tbsp of seeds into the jar with water, swirl, and cover with towels (place somewhere away from direct sun, preferably in the dark)
Day two: Rinse the seeds in the morning and turn the over cover. I rinsed twice a day. Don't worry if you forget, we did once and they still came out great!
Day three: Rinse and turn over. Leave uncovered and upside down.
Day four: Rinse and turn over.
Day five: Rinse and turn over.
Day six: Depending on how warm your climate is, you may be done. We are in the PNW so I waited until day 7.
Enjoy on a slice of bread, avocado, egg, salad, or smoothie. I made some great deluxe sandwiches!
Here we go, Mamacitas! Part 3 of the Mamacita Challenge is starting March 23.
Anyone can join, even if you didn't participate in part 1 or 2. We are exercising together, sharing our goals and progress, supporting one another, having fun, and getting RESULTS!
We are a small but dedicated group. For the level of attention, training, and face time you get in this challenge, it's an absolute steal.
Quick easy recipe that serves 8
4 Zucchini or Eggplant Medium size or 4 Asian eggplans ½- 1 inch thick
24 ounce of Jar of Marinara Sauce (or make your own). I used Costco Kirkland brand without added sugar
1/2c. mozzarella cheese
1/3c. parmesan or Romano cheese
4 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lbs. of turkey, bison, chicken or ground beef *optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Sautée 1/2 a large onion and 2 garlic cloves in 2 tsp of olive oil until translucent, then cook the meat if using. I also added mushrooms and fire roasted veggies, use whatever you have on hand.
2. Coat baking sheet with olive oil (used a 8x8 for a thicker lasagna, 9x13 works). Arrange sliced zucchini first the top with marinara sauce next, then ground turkey and grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese next. Repeat for 3 layers. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake for 30 min.
3. Remove from oven and serve with greens. It is delicious! You don’t need a ton of cheese if it’s a good kind.
Total Calories 180 per serving: 7.6 g of carbs, 10.2g of Fat, and 15.6 grams of protein
Muscle imbalances are so common in my industry that that its become a common practice to emphasize flexibility and core and glute strength. It is important to focus on this weekly, especially if you you have a desk job.
Here are 5 exercises and 2 stretches to get you started. You do not need any equipment... so like I always say- no excuses!
1. Plank: Hold this position for 30 seconds, 1 minute, or as long as you can.
2. Kneeling T-spine twist: It’s a stretch and a core exercise as well. Try to touch your ankle with your elbow by bringing hip towards the floor and returning torso over knee and heel.
3. Seated twists: Sit up straight and bring one arm across to the outside of the opposite knee while keeping both hips pressed into the floor. Bring your other arm to the back for support. Switch sides.
4. Plank knee to elbow: Starting in plank position, bring right knee to the right elbow, while keeping hips square to the floor. Return to plank and alternate sides.
5. Bridges: For a basic bridge, lie on your back and bend your knees. Raise and lower your hips, holding at the top, while feet and shoulders press firmly into the floor. There are many ways to do a bridge. Check out this video on my YouTube Channel for 9 other bridge ideas.
6. Hip stretch: Lie on your back, knees bent and raised over your hips. Bring one leg across the opposite knee and grab the back of your thigh, as shown, pulling the leg closer to your chest. Switch sides.
7. Side lying leg raises: Position yourself on one side, weight on the side of your butt (not your hip- or your legs won't go as high), and head supported by your hand. Lift and lower both legs; don't forget to do both sides. There are many ways to do leg raises. Check out this video on my YouTube Channel for 11 other leg raise ideas.
If you want to work out with me in real time, check out this video. It's only 8 minutes long- and you will strengthen your core!
Brought to You by Adriana
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.