This is a light greek soup that combines simple ingredients that results in a refreshing meal or a great starter.
Calories: 201 kcal
2 tbsp olive oil separated
2 large chicken breasts cubed into bite-size chunks
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 large celery stalks, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken broth
Zest of one lemon
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 large egg *see note
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. Select the "saute" setting on the Instant Pot and let heat until the label reads "hot".
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil then add the cubed chicken and saute until chicken is browned. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the other tbsp olive oil and add the onions and celery and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
4. Add the chicken back in and then add chicken broth, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Press "cancel" on Instant Pot and turn off saute mode.
5. Cover and close the lid and make sure the vent on the lid is set to "sealing" position.
6. Select "manual" and set to 20 minutes.
7. Once time is up let the pressure come down naturally for 3 minutes and then carefully use the quick release method (QRM) to release any remaining pressure.
8. Whisk the egg in a medium bowl and then add the lemon juice and whisk until combined. Slowly pour ½ cup of broth into the egg and lemon mixture, mixing continuously.
9. Pour the egg mixture into the soup while stirring constantly.
10. Top with chopped parsley for serving. Or put it over brown rice and make it a meal.
*I use greek yogurt instead of the egg to make it richer.
*You can use two eggs if you would like a creamier/richer soup.
Leave a Reply.
Brought to You by Adriana
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.