Soupa Tosana Healthy
Serves: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 mins (instapot 10 min)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
1. Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil.
2. Add the diced onion, minced garlic and oregano, stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the sausage and brown it for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you get a nice golden brown color on the outside.
4. Add two cups of chicken broth to deglaze the pot, stir well and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot, to get any sausage pieces that stuck to it.
5. Add the diced potatoes and pour in the remaining 4 cups of broth, stir to combine.
6. Check to make sure the contents don't go over the Max Fill line marked on the inner liner.
7. Cancel Sauté mode, close the lid, set the steam release knob to Sealing and set to Manual (or Pressure Cook), and choose 5 minutes High Pressure or select Soup mode, click on adjust and select High (for High Pressure) and adjust the time to 5 minutes. It may can take several minutes for the IP to come to pressure as it contains a lot of liquid.
8. After cooking cycle ends, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release, after that manually release the rest of the steam.
9. Once all the steam has been released, open the lid, and add in the kale, stir well. Cover and let heat through for 2-3 minutes to soften the kale. If you want the kale more cooked, select Sauté before covering the pot for 2 minutes.
10. Stir in the milk, taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
Old recipe and new after
Calories: 490 or 194
Carbohydrates: 31 or 24.6
Protein: 18 or 7 (I used 3 of the paleo basil chicken sausage but you can use more
Fat: 32 Saturated Fat: 11 or 6
referenced : https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/instant-pot-zuppa-toscana/
Brought to You by Adriana
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.