Get ready to work your glutes and legs with these lunge jumps. As always, listen to your body and do enough to meet your edge. Push yourself! You will get stronger.
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Author: Amanda Formaro
Crisp cucumber and red onion, tangy feta cheese, cooling mint, and juicy-sweet watermelon combine in this colorful watermelon salad.
8 cups seedless watermelon cubed into 1-inch pieces
1 seedless cucumber halved lengthwise and sliced thin
1 medium red onion halved and sliced thin
3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.
2. Add the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and mint to a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
3. Drizzle on the dressing, and gently toss to coat.
4. When ready to serve, transfer the salad to a serving platter and sprinkle on the feta. Enjoy!
Calories: 154 cal
You can adjust this workout to suit your level. It doesn't matter how many reps you can do, as long as you are pushing yourself. In time, you will be able to increase your reps and/or weights.
The warm up can be found here.
This was my 9th Ragnar Race. Every time I do one, I learn something new about myself. It is challenging and fun, and as in life, I experience joys and sorrows. When I am on the trail and pushing myself, I have choices in the moment, but I am not going to stop. Getting out of my head- and the craziness of everyday life- and back into nature, I am able to get back in touch with a sense of internal peace. I reflect on my experience and what I learned from this race, and invite you to share in these kinds of experiences with me and the Fuerte Community.
Recipe by Jamie Vespa
Healthy and a crowd pleaser!
Active: 20 min. Total: 1 hr. 20 min.
Habaneros contain more capsaicin (the compound that contributes spicy heat) than jalapeños, but removing the seeds and membranes lessens that heat considerably.
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
⅓ cup blueberry preserves
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. minced jalapeño
Chiles, seeds and membranes removed, divided (I also used a tablespoon of habanero sauce for more heat)
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, divided
½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
½ tsp. black pepper, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups very thinly sliced cored red cabbage
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
½ cup thinly sliced radishes
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. tapioca flour
1 tbsp. water
6 whole-wheat hamburger buns, of 12 mini sliders-lightly toasted
1. Coat a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Combine apricot preserves, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons habanero chile, 2 teaspoons vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and garlic in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour apricot mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Toss to coat. Cover and cook on LOW pressure in instapot or oven.
3. Combine cabbage, carrots, radishes, cilantro in a large bowl. Stir together lime juice, oil, remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon habanero, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper. In a separate smaller bowl. Add to cabbage mixture; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Shred with 2 forks; place in a large bowl. Skim fat from juices in slow cooker; discard fat. Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixtures into juices in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken back to slow cooker; toss to combine.
5. Place 5 or 2 ounces chicken mixture on each bun. Top each with ½ cup slaw.
CALORIES 385; FAT 11.5g (sat 31g, mono 5.2g, poly 2.2g) PROTEIN 38g; CARB 41g; FIBER 7g; SUGAR 12g (est. added sugar 6g); CHOL 120 mg; IRON 2mg; SODIUM 624mg; CALC 355mg
Brought to You by Adriana
Living the good, fit life in Seattle, WA. Stay tuned for more bilingual fitness tips and nutritious recipes.